121 Financial Credit Union is introducing a new community outreach program, giving away $1,000 to a local Jacksonville-area charity identified by our members every month!
To date, we've made donations in support of:
- Rethreaded of Jacksonville - June 2019
- The Jacksonville Humane Society - July 2019
- Greyhounds as Pets Northeast Florida - August 2019
- The Northeast Florida chapter of the Red Cross (for Dorian relief) - Sept. 2019
- Catty Shack Ranch Wildlife Sanctuary - October 2019
Any non-political charitable organization with qualifying IRS 501c3 designation is eligible to be considered for support as part of this program–but they have to be nominated by a current 121 Financial member.
The monthly program will designate a winner to receive the following;
- Check for $1,000.
- Logo placement and/or recognition within the website, social media, and our monthly e-newsletter.
- Mention in a monthly press announcement.
Here are all the fancy-smancy legalese rules:
- Charities are nominated on the 121 Financial Credit Union Facebook page each month. Only current members and followers can nominate a charity or cause by tagging them, telling us (and our community) about their mission, and impact. Posts that solicit donations or link to GoFundMe, etc. pages will be deleted.
- Charity nominations are opened on the 1st of the month at 12:01 am EST and closed on the 21st of each month at 5:00 pm EST.
- During the last week of the month, 121 Financial staff and employees have an internal vote to determine which charity is to receive the monthly donation.
- A charity is limited to two (2) awards during any 12-month period and can’t win two (2) months in a row.
- 121 Financial Credit Union retains the right to ‘approve’ or ‘disapprove’ of any displays, text, writings, logos, or references to the charity that would be presented for support or placement on 121 Financial associated sites or locations.
- Charity or organization must provide proof of 501c3 charity, if applicable.
- 121 Financial reserves the right to change or cancel this program at any time.
We’ll announce the selected charity within 3 business days of the contest’s close, with the winning organization or cause receiving their donation within 10 days from of the contest’s end.
Once votes are tallied, the winner will be notified via Facebook and contacted to set the date and time of giveaway.